- ‘Distracted Driver’ Turns Out To Have 250-Pound Pig On Lap
- Police responded to reports of a disturbance and found the man outside the restaurant, shirtless, eating pasta with his hands.
- A woman in Tennessee just wanted a cup of coffee from Waffle House — so she stole an electric shopping scooter for a slow and steady ride there, police said.
- Chaos descended on a Wisconsin Walmart store Wednesday night after a karate-performing mother, her naked son, and their belligerent dog shoplifted, ran amok in the store.
Recently, while praying, I sensed the Lord saying, “The lid is off.” If this seems crazy, consider the previous examples in which people have flipped out. The question is why? Why are many people today so wonky?
Consider… God covers us under His omnipotent power (Psa. 91), even the most wicked among us. If He for a nano-second lifted His Hand off the people of this earth, Satan would destroy us in the blink of an eye. Thank God, Christ died to deliver His people. Uncovered today, we’re seeing the most intelligent among us coming up with the most insane answers ever devised for problems we’re facing. Wisdom, the greatest and essential first thing (Prov. 4:7) is sorely lacking.
No longer a Christian Nation
The United States, which once identified itself as Christian, no longer can do so. According to the latest General Social Survey, found in the article, “Is America Becoming Godless?” the following is true:
- People with no religion accounted for 23.1% of the U.S. population in 2018
- By comparison, Catholics make up 23% and Evangelicals account for 22.5%
- The three are now statistically tied as the largest religious groups in America
- Meanwhile, mainline Protestant Christianity has seen a 62.5% decline in believers since 1982, to now account for just 10.8% of the U.S. population
Seems insane, doesn’t it? since God “shed His grace on thee.” America has been the greatest democratic experiment in history. However, nations last about 200 years, according to historians. The rise and fall of nations follow a unique pattern. Check this and see where America stands today:
The Stages Historical Devastation
The first stage moves from bondage to spiritual faith.
The second from spiritual faith to great courage.
The third stage moves from great courage to liberty.
The fourth stage moves from liberty to abundance.
The fifth stage moves from abundance to selfishness.
The sixth stage moves from selfishness to complacency.
The seventh stage moves from complacency to apathy.
The eighth stage moves from apathy to moral decay.
The ninth stage moves from moral decay to dependence.
And the tenth and last stage moves from dependence to bondage.
Since the late 1950s America has been moving toward moral decay. After significant industrial growth in that decade, it’s no secret the 60s marked the beginning of the era of rebellion. Following this, the sexual revolution has gotten worse. Now there is no shame as movies, TV and social media blow the lid off what once was the forbidden fruit. Now it seems there is no fear of God. Statistically, as noted above, we’re in an ungodly state. Are we moving toward dependence? Of course!
The move toward socialism is nothing more than dependence, as Bernie Sanders and others advocate this change in America. This call to Mother Government rather than Father God to rule is a move toward the end of America as we know it. Unless we see revival, we can see this “greatest experiment” bite the dust. We’re deceived if think without deep repentance this will blow over. No, it will only get worse.
But today, the seductive temptress of socialism has found a new generation of clueless dupes who have no memory, knowledge or appreciation of the events of the late 1980s and early 1990s that moved the world in the direction of capitalism and are falling hard for the fanciful pipe-dream of socialism. The timeless message of “socialist snake oil” now being recycled and promoted by Sen. Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is “give up some of your freedom and we will give you more security (free college, free medical care, a guaranteed job and a right to housing).” But as we know from experience and countless attempts to “get socialism right,” the bargain is tempting but never pays off. In the end, the victims of socialism end up losing both their freedom and their security. Exhibit A: Venezuela today.
This seems so ridiculous to those who are walking in deception. The sad part is it’s most everyone we meet. Blinded by the climate of “peace at any price,” most people give no thought to their present state or that of the country we live in. Enveloped in social media and pleasure, we bow to the latest trend of something for nothing.
Spiritually, in spite of the growth of mega churches, we’re in deep trouble. Even with Christian TV on most every channel, the abundance of our nation has triggered apathy, indifference toward the Lord and decline. America is not the kingdom of God! Somehow we believe we’re immune to falling like so many before. The same principles apply to us as to other nations that are now but a remembrance in the history books. Forget God and He forgets you:
The wicked will turn to Sheol (the nether world, the place of the dead), Even all the nations who forget God.
The above statistics indicate the nation has forgotten God. The incredible numbers of those who claim nothing about faith is an indictment. Where will we go from here?
Serious Christians understand The End will be ushered in by the The King, the Lord Jesus Christ, to bless those who are His, and harshly judge those who have rejected His invitation of love to be saved:
“This is a positive proof of the righteous judgment of God [a sign of His fair verdict], so that you will be considered worthy of His kingdom, for which indeed you are suffering. For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you, and to give relief to you who are so distressed and to us as well when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire, dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him]. These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day [that is, glorified through the changed lives of those who have accepted Him as Savior and have been set apart for His purpose], and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed and trusted [and confirmed in your lives].” (2 Thess.1:1-510 Amp).
The deceived are those for whom the lid is off. God, in His mercy protects, but little by little His Hand is removed to allow us to fall prey to demonic deception. The insanity that unfolds is nothing short of the crazies. What follows are mental diseases of every stripe, murder, suicide and ultimately a total rejection of God Himself in favor of a relentless satanic being full of hate and destruction of every human being that breathes the breath of life except those who have believed the Good News of Jesus Christ’s salvation.
The Separation of the Wheat from the Tears
The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares
24 Another parable He (Jesus) put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’ ”
This is one of the parables that’s easy to understand.
- Two sowers sow two different kinds of seeds. The gospel of kingdom is preached (the good seed that produces a good crop, wheat). On the other hand, satan’s lies and deception are sown by his disciples that produce a bad crop, toxic tares with the good, wheat.
- These seeds grow up together. Note a few differences. Though they appear identical in the early stages, the tare is light and lacks substance, but the wheat is heavy and bears fruit (grain). There are tiny black seeds inside the tares, and if you eat it, it can cause dizziness and nausea. The tare stands straight up and proud while the wheat bows from the weight of the fruit in humility. Talk about the perfect physical and spiritual contrast between the wheat and the tare. One gives life, the other kills. Those in Christ have life, and the other death.
- The very interesting point is Christ said don’t try to judge the difference until the harvest. At that time the reapers (angels) remove the tares at the end of time. It appears from this Scripture that tares are at least identified and removed before the wheat is harvested. This flies in the face of rapture before all else, in my opinion.
- False gospel presenters will continue to do what they do. As sad as this is, we aren’t “fruit inspectors.” Believe me, eventually the tares will become evident. The falling away will be evident of people who NEVER knew Christ:
“They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us” (1john 2:19).
The only thing that keeps from being deceived is the Word of God and the cross. Embracing the cross daily keeps us safe from deception.
Joseph Beckham is the author of Deeper Water for Thirsty Souls, Healing Bipolar Disorder & Other Disease and Soul Ties the Good, The Bad & the Ugly. These books can be found at https://thebloginthefog.wpcomstaging.com